UNLEASHING THE POWER OF THE CHURCH
Click HERE to download & print a PDF version of this curriculum!
- Pray In
- Ask each person which service they watched on Sunday? 9am, 11am, or 1pm?
- Go over the lesson (Below)
- Ask everyone “What is one thing you learned today?”
- Give offering on the app
- Encourage P12 Leaders to meet with their group (and remind them to take attendance on Friday)
- Ask for prayer requests and pray out
UNLEASHING THE POWER OF GOD THROUGH THE CHURCH – WE ARE BUILT FOR THIS
Let’s take a few minutes and talk about Leadership before we start today…
5 Keys to Building Great P12 Leaders:
1. You be a committed member of a P12 group yourself. Show up consistently and participate.
(You must be a Great Follower before you can become a Great Leader)
2. You lead a P12. Pray and ask God to reveal people that should be in your P12. Recruit people you believe in and they believe in you.
(Follow the P12 System – meet with your P12 weekly, follow the P12 notes, pray with your P12 and have a designated giving time with your P12)
3. You identify the leader you want to develop in your P12 and ask them to watch you do it and start having them help you lead your P12. Coach them through this process with positive feedback and help them in areas they may need to improve. (As a leader, you should always have potential new leaders with you for training purposes so you can duplicate yourself and multiply your organization)
4. You encourage your new leader to launch their own P12 group. Register them for the P12 Leadership Zoom Training on Tuesdays from 6pm-7pm. Let them lead their P12 on their own and follow up to track their success. (You must inspect what you expect)
5. Your new leader follows the same 5 Keys with their P12 group, and they start developing their own new P12 leaders.
(They are not a full-fledged leader until they develop another leader)
Today we are going to continue our talk about how to unleash the power of God through the Church. When we talk about the church, we are referring to the Body of Christ; that’s you and I. We all belong to the Church, or to the Body of Christ. Let’s discuss why “we are built for this” …
1) THE CHURCH WAS BUILT TO CONQUER AND NOT BE CONQUERED.
(The Church was built to withstand, overcome, and defeat all the powers of the hell. The church was to conquer and not be conquered.)
Who would like to read Matthew 16:18?
Matthew 16:18 (NLT) 18. Now I say to you that you are Peter (which means ‘rock’), and upon this rock ‘’I will build my church’’, and all the powers of hell will not conquer it.
Conquer: overcome by force, subdue to win, obtain by effort, to be victorious.
QUESTION – Who built the church?
QUESTION – Has anyone ever faced “all the powers of hell”?
A. WE ARE IN A SPIRITUAL WAR AGAINST A REAL ENEMY.
(We will never be victorious if we don’t even know we are in a spiritual war. This war is for our eternal souls and the souls of our families, friends and neighbors. If we don’t fight, this world will be eternally lost and end up in hell forever. The only army that God has left on earth to fight Satan’s lies, deception, bondage, torment, hate, darkness, oppression, poverty, hopelessness, addiction, abuse, perversion, plan and generational curses is Jesus’ army, The Church.)
Would someone like to read Ephesians 6:12?
Ephesians 6:12 (NLT) 12 For we are not fighting against flesh-and-blood enemies, but against evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world, against mighty powers in this dark world, and against evil spirits in the heavenly places.
When God calls you to do something, the devil wants you to focus on your inadequacies, instead of God’s Promises?
QUESTION – Have you ever heard the enemy speaking lies, doubts or fear to you, even though God has called you to something? What Happened?
Our Victory or Our Defeat is in our mouth…
What defeats us is not what the devil says, it’s us repeating it!
What gives us victory is when the devil speaks, we cancel it and replace it with truth!
B. WE ARE MORE THAN CONQUERORS THROUGH CHRIST, WHO LOVES US. (Our victory is in our loving relationship with Jesus.)
Who wants to read Romans 8:35-37?
Romans 8:35-37 (ESV) 35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or danger, or sword? 36 As it is written, “For your sake we are being killed all the day long; we are regarded as sheep to be slaughtered.” 37 No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us.
QUESTION – Have you ever conquered something with God’s help that appeared to be hopeless situation?
C. JESUS IS ALWAYS LEADING US TO VICTORY.
(God uses us to bring this message of victory through Christ to others. We are in a fight for eternal souls of lost men and women. Not only victory for us but victory for others.)
Let’s read 2 Corinthians 2:14…
2 Corinthians 2:14 (ERV) 14 But thanks be to God, who always leads us in victory through Christ. God uses us to spread his knowledge everywhere like a sweet-smelling perfume.
QUESTION – What are some practical things that we can do we to remind ourselves that “we are built for this”?
REMINDER: We opened the doors on October 18th and it was Amazing! 91 souls were saved and the altars were packed. Come to this Sunday’s service at 9am or 11am!
GIVING: Let’s bring our tithes/offerings to the Lord. We should each pray to the Holy Spirit and decide in our hearts what we should give. And as we do it, let’s do it cheerfully, knowing that our tithes and offerings go towards making a great impact in the Kingdom of God!
PRAYER REQUESTS: Does Anyone Have Any Prayer Requests?
How to Give:
1. Open the app and click give.
2. Change the fund to P12
3. Set up your tithe on recurring giving