THE REWARD AFTER THE STORM
How was your watch party this weekend?
Go over the lesson (Below)
Ask everyone “what is one thing you learned today?”
Give offering on the app
Encourage P12 Leaders to meet with their group (and remind them to take attendance on Friday)
Ask for prayer requests and pray out
INTRO: We are living in very trying and unique times. It is in times like these where God’s children are tested: will they keep their faith in Him or will they jump ship?
During any transition, it is always a temptation to jump ship. But right now, God is calling us to be the light to the world; a light that brings love, faith and hope to a lost world.
We can always trust that God has a reward after every storm. We may not see it now, but in the end we will look back and recognize how God used this storm to lead us somewhere greater!
In today’s P12, we will pick up at the portion of scripture that we left off be talking about 2 facts about rewards.
The 2 Facts about Rewards are:
1. REWARDS COME AFTER A PROCESS
Mark 5:1 (NLT) So they arrived at the other side of the lake, in the region of the Gerasenes.
It was only after the storm that the disciples arrived at the reward.
The word Garasenes actually means “reward at the end.”
It is the same for us: we will always have to go through a process in order to get to a reward. Whether that be going through a battle to get a victory, going through years of education to get a diploma, going through the gym to get in shape, etc.
Question: Can you remember a time when you’ve had to go through a process to get to where you are today? Share with the group.
God prepares/trains us for the storm, but doesn’t always give you all the details ahead of time.
Question: Why do you think God sometimes withholds some details about the storm before you go through it?
God rewards those that go through the process.
James 1:12 (CEV) God will bless you, if you don’t give up when your faith is being tested. He will reward you with a glorious life, just as he rewards everyone who loves him.
• Anything worthwhile in life will always require a fight. It doesn’t just come automatically.
• We must learn how to stick things out when they get tough in order to get to the reward.
Question: What happens to people that don’t stick it out?
• The way you approach the storm will become part of your character. If we quit during the storm, then we will train ourselves to quit any time things get hard. If we press on during the storm, then we are preparing ourselves for even greater battles that are ahead of us.
• But we should remember that when the pressure is the highest, that’s when we are closest to the reward.
• God will never allow us to go through a process without a reward at the end.
Question: Why is it so important for you to remember that God rewards those who go through the
2. THE GREATEST REWARD IS PEOPLE BEING SAVED AND
Mark 5:2-5 When Jesus climbed out of the boat, a man possessed by an evil spirit came out from the tombs to meet him.” 3 This man lived in the burial caves and could no longer be restrained, even with a chain. 4 Whenever he was put into chains and shackles—as he often was—he snapped the chains from his wrists and smashed the shackles. No one was strong enough to subdue him. 5 Day and night he wandered among the burial caves and in the hills, howling and cutting himself with sharp stones.
• The most rewarding thing you can do is what you do for people. We were created to find our greatest rewards in helping others.
Question: Have you have a rewarded experience through loving/helping someone else? Share with the group.
Luke 19:10 (EXB) [For; Because] The Son of Man came to ·find [seek out] lost people and save them.”
• Saving lost people is Jesus’ reward.
• The word Lost in the Greek is apollymi (ä-po’l-lü-mē) which means: those who have ruined and destroyed their lives through their bad choices and sinful lifestyles, those are losing everything that matters, the guilty, those who have been sentenced to eternal misery in hell.
• Jesus came to seek and save people who have ruined or destroyed their lives because of their sinful actions.
• We can be thankful that Jesus came to seek and save us when we were in that place.
• YOU are Jesus’ reward!
OFFERING – APRIL 2020
We have been giving out HUNDREDS, if not THOUSANDS of bags of groceries since the
COVID-19 pandemic has impacted so many families. When it comes to ministry and helping
others that are in need, we are not stopping! Let’s pull out our phones and give what we can to
keep this ministry happening. There are thousands of struggling parents, kids and even senior
citizens that are going to be so thankful that you did!
How to give:
1. Open the app and click give.
2. Change the fund to P12
3. Set up your tithe on recurring giving