FINDING YOUR WHY
CLICK HERE to download and print a PDF version of today’s P12 lesson!
- Ask someone to pray in
- Ask for highlights from their week.
- SUBMIT ATTENDANCE TODAY (search “P12” in your email) & confirm the P12 leaders underneath you submitted attendance for their meetings.
- Go over lesson (below)
- Encourage all to give on the app
- Ask for prayer requests and pray
“A leader is great not because of his or her power, but because of his or her ability to empower others.” – John Maxwell
QUESTION – Who have you been empowered to do what you do and who are you currently empowering?
- Prayer March – This Saturday January 22nd 10:00am San Bernardino City Hall
- Goal Card – Thoughtfully fill it out and turn it in on “Goal Sunday,” January 30th. The church staff will touch and pray over your goal card and then send it back to you blessed that same week. Just like Jesus did with 5 loaves and two fish.
- Impartation – January 26th-30th we are having our yearly “Impartation Conference: “His Presence Everywhere” (Wednesday-Sunday Night)
- First Fruit Offering – Bring a first fruit offering during Impartation Week or before. (Ex. 365, a dollar or seed for everyday of the year, so that by faith we can expect a harvest for everyday. What happens to the first happens to the rest. The first Carries the D.N.A)
- God’s Presence Everywhere – Our Mission This Year is To Make People aware of The power of God’s presence everywhere. We are going to help people experience the Love and power of God everywhere we are. This year everyone in our City and surrounding areas will know about Christ and The Way World Outreach.
P12 LESSON: FINDING YOUR WHY
When Jesus came to earth to die for our sins, his why was YOU. His why was based on serving someone else, YOU. He is the perfect example of serving God, by serving others. He served us by coming to earth, dying on the cross, and resurrecting from the grave. In this he served God by redeeming his creation that had fallen.
John 3:17 “For God did not send his son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.
Looking like Jesus should be on the forefront of every believer’s mind. (Romans 8:29) When we follow his example of finding a why that is based outside of ourselves we are able to live truly blessed lives.
How we imitate Christ and serve others is by doing ministry.
QUESTION- WHAT IS A MINISTRY YOU FEEL CALLED TO AND WHY?
WHAT ARE SUSTAINABLE WHY’S?
Sustainable: able to be upheld or defended; able to be maintained at a certain level.
When a business isn’t sustainable what happens? It goes under or goes bankrupt. The same can be said for our why. If it isn’t something that can be upheld long term, it will end up bankrupting us spiritually. When our why is sustainable, our actions don’t feel like a burden. When we don’t feel burdened God’s blessings can flow through us with ease in order to bless others.
FINDING YOUR WHY:
HERE ARE TWO SUSTAINABLE WHY’S TO LIVE BY:
1.LIVING TO SERVE GOD
Matthew 6:33 AMP “ 33 But first and most importantly seek (aim at, strive after) His kingdom and His righteousness [His way of doing and being right—the attitude and character of God], and all these things will be given to you also.”
When we are living for God we are prioritizing Him and His ways above all!
A. If you don’t like the output, look at the input.
- When we are in a cycle of negative or ungodly output, we must take spiritual inventory and examine our input. Make up your mind everyday to PRIORITIZE and INPUT Christ!
QUESTION- WHAT OUTPUT ARE YOU GETTING IN YOUR LIFE THAT YOU WANT TO PUT A STOP TO?
“You don’t need Jesus to make money, but you need Jesus to have life.” -Zig Zigler.
John 6:35 AMP “Jesus replied to them, “ I am the bread of life. The one who comes to Me will never be hungry, and the one who believes in Me [as Savior] will never be thirsty [for that one will be sustained spiritually]
- Everyday is an opportunity for us to serve the Lord and to build a greater relationship with Him. It’s this type of living that produces godly output in our lives.
QUESTION- AS A CHURCH WE ARE FASTING FOR 21 DAYS. FOCUSED ON GOD INPUT. WHAT ARE SOME OF THE BENEFITS THAT YOU HAVE EXPERIENCED INPUTTING MORE OF GOD DURING THIS FAST?
2. Living To Be A Blessing
Proverbs 11:25 TPT “Those who live to bless others will have blessing heaped upon them, and the one who pours out his life to pour out blessings will be saturated with favor.
A. Blessing someone who may never be able to bless you back is a good example of pouring out your life to bless others. Practicing this principal teaches you to look to God for provision instead of people.
QUESTION – WHO IS SOMEONE THAT YOU CAN BLESS THIS WEEK?
Deuteronomy 15:11 AMP “For the poor will never cease to be in the land; therefore I command you, saying, “You shall freely open your hand to your brother, to your needy, and to your poor in your land.
B. Prioritize giving. When you practice making giving a priority, God is able to release a greater measure to you.
C. Give in the area you want to see increase in. It’s simple, we get what we give.
Galatians 6:7 NKJV “Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap. For he who sows to the Spirit will of the Spirit reap everlasting life.
QUESTION – WHAT IS SOMETHING YOU LEARNED TODAY?
Take some quiet time with the Lord this week and write out your GIVING GOALS FOR 2022 on your “Goal Card” and turn it in Sunday, January 30th.
Let’s apply all that we learned today and sow into the lives of others today! Giving is not a Christian task, it’s an opportunity to worship God. It’s an opportunity to prioritize God. It’s an opportunity to show love and mercy to those in need. It’s an opportunity to imitate Christ by being a giver.
HEBREWS 13:16 (TPT) We will show mercy to the poor and not miss an opportunity to do acts of kindness for others, for these are the true sacrifices that delight God’s heart.
Let’s give today using The Way app.