The Holy Ghost
- Ask someone to pray in
- Ask for highlights from the week
- SUBMIT ATTENDANCE TODAY (search “DG” in your email) & confirm the DG leaders in your group have also submitted attendance for their meetings
- Go over lesson (below)
- Encourage all to give on the app
- Ask for prayer requests and pray
- THEME DAYS- WE are going to be starting theme days every Sunday . Next Sunday make sure to join us for PAJAMA DAY !!!
- KB & other special guests! coming to you!! Saturday October 28th from 6pm-9pm
DAILY GROWTH BOOK CHECK-IN
WHAT INSIGHTS DID YOU RECEIVE WHILE READING THE DAILY GROWTH BOOK THIS WEEK?
The Holy Spirit gives liberty to the Christian, direction to the worker, discernment to the teacher, Power to the Word, and fruit to faithful service. He reveals the things of Christ.
- Billy Graham
The Holy Ghost
Today we are going through a new series about who the Holy Ghost is, what role the Holy Ghost plays in our life, and more! Today we will be going through multiple points about who the Holy Ghost is.
WHO IS THE HOLY GHOST ?
a. The Holy Ghost is the Spirit, and one part of the Holy Trinity.
Holy Trinity: God, the Son, the Holy Spirit
Genesis 1:2 ( KJV) “And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.”
Here are a few takeaways about the Holy Spirit:
1.The Holy Ghost is our COMFORTER/HELPER/ TEACHER
John 14:26 (KJV) “But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.”
- The Holy Ghost is the spirit of the living God that comforts us, helps us, teaches us, protects us, and more.
- The Holy Spirit was left by Jesus just for us! He did this so the Spirit could help us, guide us, teach us, and so much more.
Note : The Holy Ghost is in you, but have you activated him so he could do these things for you?
John 16:13 (KJV) “Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.”
Question: In what ways has God been your Comforter, Healer, or Teacher?
2.The Holy Ghost Intercedes for US!
Romans 8:26 (ESV) “Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know what to pray for as we ought, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words.”
- The Holy Ghost is there for us when we feel like we can no longer keep going.
- The Holy Ghost intercedes for us when we feel like we can no longer intercede for ourselves.
- The Holy Ghost comforts us in our times of weakness and becomes our strength.
- The Holy Ghost does what we can no longer do ourselves – once we surrender ourselves to him.
Romans 8:27 (NIV) “And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for God’s people in accordance with the will of God.”
Question: Why does the Holy Spirit intercede (pray) for us?
3.The Holy Ghost draws us closer to GOD
John 6:44 (NLT) “For no one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws them to me, and at the last day I will raise them up.”
- The Holy Ghost helps us with our relationship with God! He redirects us to God at all times.
- The Holy Ghost keeps us accountable in our relationship with God, especially by what we do.
- The Holy Ghost allows us to grow more within God – but we have to let him!
Question: What are some ways you can grow closer to the Holy Ghost? How can you apply these?
4. The Holy Ghost lives inside all BELIEVERS!
1 Corinthians 6:19 ( NLT) “Don’t you realize that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, who lives in you and was given to you by God? You do not belong to yourself..”
- Our bodies are a temple that the Holy Ghost dwells in!
- Once we gave our lives to Christ, our bodies were no longer ours, but God’s! We became a home for the Holy Ghost.
- In order for the Holy Ghost to continue to dwell in us, we need to feed it!
- We must realize it is possible to grieve the Holy Ghost.
- We must evaluate what we fill ourselves up with and make sure it feeds the Holy Ghost, not grieves Him.
Truth: Just how we feed our bodies daily to keep our health, we must do the same with the Holy Ghost to maintain spiritual health.
Question: Who is the Holy Ghost, and how will you apply what you learned about Him to your life?
“You must each decide in your heart how much to give. And don’t give reluctantly or in response to pressure. “For God loves a person who gives cheerfully.””
2 Corinthians 9:7 NLT
Give with a cheerful heart and you will receive all God has for you.
Let’s give today using The Way app.
Who are some of the people you believe God is going to reach?
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR ATTENDANCE !!!!